Privacy Policy

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Good Food News-Minimum and Menu's

The National Restaurant Association conducted a poll, reported here in this Eater article, asking respondents if they supported increasing the minimum wage as it would increase menu pricing.  A majority of Americans, 71 percent,  support raising the federal minimum wage to at least $10, “even if it also increases the cost of food and service to customers.”

I worked several restaurant jobs where I started out at minimum wage. When I worked front of the house as a server that, at the time, meant being paid $2.75 an hour. The rest of that "minimum wage" was to be made up through tips. If you worked a slow shift that did not happen and often making my rent was not just a concern but an outright panic.

I'm all for it not only because I remember all too well that financial hardship, but because I want to be a decent human being. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment