Privacy Policy

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sum It Up Sunday-Home Is Where?

Vancouver,WA


and Fruita, CO and Aztec, NM


and La Roche-sur-Yon, France...


... are cities and towns that have little to do with one another, and yet I've connected with all of them. House/Pet sitting has given me the chance to travel and stay in areas I wanted to explore. For the past 3 years, ever since I sold my condo, I've technically been homeless. Family and friends have generously opened their homes to me for stays from a few days to up to a month.
In an effort to not wear out my welcome, I've also used a couple of websites in order to find folks who are looking for someone to watch over their pets and homes, and I trade that watchfulness for a place to stay and a new area to explore.


This vagabond existence is purposeful, although I know it may not seem like it. When I came back to the US from my year-long Round the World Journey, I started writing a book about it and started the Something About Food? podcast in order to carry on the food conversation. Neither of those endeavors has brought me riches untold...yet...

Until they do, I'll keep wandering about, getting time with sweet cats, dogs, goats and chickens and a roof over my head in interesting places.




That book I wrote is actually finished now and has been for several months. I went the usual publishing route, sending query letters to literary agents and publishers, with only rejection letters to show for it. So self-publishing is now the way to go. This next week I'll be getting in touch with CreateSpace and starting that process.

Stay tuned, and you'll be reading about the 19 countries, 3 donkeys and one pair of lost plaid Chuck Taylors soon enough!


1 comment: