Privacy Policy

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Work It, Then Sell It

When I decided to write a travel/cookbook I did it because since I was very little I wanted to be a writer and all the tales of my journey and wonderful things I ate were filling and overflowing my brain. It seemed a natural extension to just put it all down, get it printed and then...well then conquer the world!!

Ok, I know I won't conquer the world, but I do hope there are people out there in the universe who will want to read what I wrote and share in the journey.
So that is what I'm working on right now. I'm holed up here in the family home I grew up in, in the hometown I left 20 years ago to find my way. Part of me feels as if I slipped back, but most of me is relieved to be somewhere safe where family and friends check in on me.
The more I write and research and learn about this book thing the more I realize that I have to start selling myself too. I hate that. I really do.
I know there are many of you who think I love to talk about myself, but I what I really love to talk about is food. It's a package deal though, food and I are very intertwined.

This is me then, starting to sell myself, which sounds bad and probably is but is a necessary evil if I want to do what I want to do, which is have people buy my book and read what I wrote.
There is now a Facebook page for J'eat? where I can post pics of food and all food related things that strike my fancy, without overwhelming the majority of people who just want to see an occasional "Yeehaw doesn't this taste great?" moment.
I'll also be trying to post more here to the blog to build the traffic (again a necessary evil for publishers to see that you can sell yourself) and share how things are going.
And lastly there is the Share request. I promise you I won't be doing this often, as I know it can be very overwhelming, but I am going to ask that you share the blog URL here, http://bit.ly/j-eat , with those you think would like it, as well as the Facebook page URL here, https://www.facebook.com/jeatyetclarke/ .
With your help and my tentative but growing social media abilities maybe, just maybe, we can do this thing.
Thank you everyone and let's get something to eat soon? Yeah?
Like maybe this magnificent thing here?
This magnificent creature came about when I found myself with way more cauliflower than I could eat at one sitting. So I roasted some curried cauliflower slabs with red onions. Then I put a slab on some cranberry walnut toast with some of those crispy onion bits, a leaf of escarole and some vegan mayo. Slam, bam, thank you ma'm!
Here is what I started with...

And here is all that it begat...

Curried slabs, steamed florets and slow roasted cauliflower heads.
And that, as we say, is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment