Privacy Policy

Sunday, February 22, 2015

What's for Breakfast?


Cereal, Pancakes, Eggs and Toast, Waffles, Biscuits and Gravy, all solid breakfasts. And if you swing more towards the healthy side of things, Smoothies, Oatmeal, Fruit and Yogurt. Again solid breakfast fixings. By why limit ourselves?

Breakfast Fried Rice

I had leftovers in the fridge that needed eating. And my usual bowl of oatmeal could wait for another day. I heated a sauté pan over medium high heat, tossed in some coconut oil and then started tossing in the leftovers.


Some brown rice, chopped onion, chopped mini peppers, cooked collard greens, roasted portobellos and green onion all went into the pan. Soy sauce was splashed in for some salty umami.

This Korean Chili paste went in next. The amount I used was only enough to fit on the tip of the spoon, because this stuff is nuclear! I love it, but it's so hot I can only use it in tiny doses. This jar is two years old, I shit you not, which explains why so little has been used.


After mixing in the chili paste, I poured it all into a bowl and then scraped up the crispy bits from the bottom of the pan to put on top. Because Crispy. Bits. Bottom of the Pan. You seeing what I'm sayin? Good stuff. 



Diverting from the routine and trying something new to start your day can give you a jumpstart too. And clean out your fridge. What's the least breakfast thing you've had for breakfast?


No comments:

Post a Comment