Privacy Policy

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Feeding Friends!

For the bridal shower today I was asked to keep it dairy free, gluten free (she's not so sensitive that she can't have soy sauce, as you shall see) and not so spicy. Done!


The Collard Green Wraps were filled with short grain brown rice, mango and roasted portobellos. Yes you can eat the steamed collard green, and no they don't need a dip. The portobellos were marinated so their flavor was strong enough to carry through.


A simple Roasted Tofu. Marinated in orange, honey, mustard, soy, sesame oil and garlic, then roasted in a 375 oven til puffy and crisp on the bottom. I served them with a bottled peanut sauce.


Chicken Skewers were marinated exactly as the tofu was, and roasted at the same temp. I set them on a bed of wild garlic because I had it on hand and it looks great. It's an edible garnish too! 


This was a magazine recipe on Seared Edemame that I saw about a week or so ago. Just tossed into a searing hot pan, I used my cast iron. Toss about with some salt and you're a go. I had some mini peppers that I cut up and tossed in as well for color.


Here is a favorite of mine. Brown Rice Noodle Salad. I usually do it with Soba noodles, but as the menu was gluten free, I changed it up a bit. Cooked and cooled noodles were topped with bean sprouts, cucumber, tomato, avocado, carrots, green onion, cilantro and peanuts. I drizzled a sesame lime vinaigrette over the top.


And there you have it! Which one of these would you like to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment