Privacy Policy

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Venice to Wellington!

“There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.”- The Hobbit
One of my last meals in Venice Beach CA came from a little place called Gjelina Take Away. Broccolini with Garlic, a salad of Avocado, Nectarines and Basil with slices of Rustic Bread. Made a great picnic in the camper that was my accommodations.
I'm in Wellington now, getting my wandering in. New Zealand Air was quite a wonderful experience by the way. I've never had a smoother journey.
Fish Fry shop take away was suggested by my gracious host Bill and his son Kevin, as it's the quintessential take away meal here. That's Veg Chop Suey on the right and, of course, chips on the left.  How I do love a fried potato!

This morning I had a quick run through Trelissick Park. It gave the perfect cover from the light drizzle. The park is lovingly tended to by a group of volunteers, including my hosts Bill and Marilyn. It's beautiful.
It's winter time here, grey and drizzly. I love it though. Cool enough to run an wander without overheating.
I'm at Ta Papa now, the NZ national museum, which will make the Old Bird happy (retired teacher that she is), and will continue on with my Wellington wanderings.

No comments:

Post a Comment