Privacy Policy

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

From Linton to Napier

As money is finite for this trip I decided to try to find WWOOF accommodations when I could. In Linton NZ I was taken in by the lovely Joan to help on her farm, which is basically an animal sanctuary. It's winter here so my tasks were more upkeep oriented, but AOK when you get to hang with this brood. There is a peacock...
Roxie, one of the six dogs...and my favorite...don't tell the others....
One of the two goats. One of my tasks was goat proofing the fence because of this escape artist.
A whole bunch of chooks. That's chickens to us non New Zealanders.
Their freshly laid eggs became a part of a pasta I made...#notvegan.
I also contributed a little hummus and caper roasted vegetables to a mezze/tapas night.
After Linton I headed to Napier in Hawkes Bay. The beach is 100 yards from the hostel. Gorgeous weather.
I wandered a lot, ran along the beach and even rented a bike one day for a fun ride by the local vineyards.

Freshly made doughnut from Mr D's in Napier, that you inject with the filling of your choosing...chocolate here.
Did I mention there were also 2 cats and 4 cows in Linton?
And marmite is now a favored toast topping. B vitamins and umami....and toast!
I'm back in Wellington now for a few days, then fly to Perth Australia on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment