Privacy Policy

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Oh Vancouver!

Vancouver is a dream city for me. It's got international flare, but still feels uber friendly.

 I was pushing my friend KellyfromPortland (KfP) to go there while I'm spending time in PDX with her. Her sister wanted in and suggested we attend a FIFA Women's World Cup game as well...Hell Yes!

My two requests were that we go for Dim Sum/Ramen while we were there, and no one objected to eating good food.
Got to spend a little time in Chinatown, which always makes me happy.

There were four us for dim sum, so I ordered meaty things for the omnivores, like Steamed Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf.

Gotta love a pot of hot tea.

This is Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli) with Tofu Skin and Goji Berries. A whole bunch of that went into my gob!
Beef and Noodles for the gang.
Custard tartlets, still warm.
Congee or jook, veggie version with so many mushrooms and corn. I am a little in love with this.
 Did I mention that I have a habit of eating with such abandon that I often hit myself with food shrapnel? No? Well, photo evidence proves it!
 We attended the Canada vs England game, which, sadly, Canada lost. Cue sad trombone...
Next day was spent wandering around Granville Island looking at the amazing produce. Best raspberries ever! (Just don't some of eat them before they weigh them...ooops!)
I also scored a Nanaimo Bar, which if you don't know, is the best and favorite cookie in Canada!
We rented bikes to ride around the Stanley Park peninsula. Kara was game for the tandem we rode on, so much stinkin' fun!
 
KfP tried to eat all the Poutine herself, but I thwarted her!
And then came the Ramen at Kintaro on Denman...swoon...
Before we headed out the next day I also scored a Tim Horton's Chocolate Glazed Donut...because CANADA RULES!!!

In PDX for the next two weeks, then on south to California!



No comments:

Post a Comment