Privacy Policy

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sum It Up Sunday-Too Hot To Eat

"Too hot to eat!" is not something I say very often. My stomach has ruled my world ever since I can remember. I don't usually miss meals because my stomach will have none of that nonsense.


But right now the record hot temperatures here in Colorado (and all across the country) are stifling. It is affecting our forests, our food supply and us. So what is there to eat when it gets so hot?









Fruity beverages, like watermelon agua frescas, are a staple. Sometimes I'll use coconut water in them for added nutrients without being too heavy                   










I'll grill up some vegan dogs for a quick meal. The ones from Field Roast are a favorite of mine as they replicate the meat filled frankfurters quite nicely. I will often throw some kimchi on as a condiment to shake things up.






Salads are ok but can be boring if you don't keep changing up the flavors. I'll never tire of a 3 Bean Salad, especially when you keep adding in more beans! Perhaps the vinegar pickley flavor helps to cool me off? Don't know, don't care. It just tastes right to me.






Cold soba noodles are a favorite of mine. The Japanese were onto something when they created this simple dish. The word "refreshing" doesn't do this dish justice; "invigorating" is more like it.














It is very hard when it's so hot you don't want to even move to even think about food. The one thing I will always move for is ice cream. Almost every shop now has a vegan flavor or two, going beyond the usual boring fruit sorbets. In Albany, CA, just outside of Berkley, Mr. Dewie's Cashew Creamery is all vegan all the time. Every single flavor. Thank you Mr. Dewie, thank you so very much.

Stay cool out there!







PS. Public pools are amazing too. Be a kid again, jump off the diving board or go down the slide! Got refreshed at the Eldorado Springs Pool today. Lovely!







No comments:

Post a Comment