Privacy Policy

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sum It Up Sunday-The Neverending Binge

I tend to think of my life like an old stereo equalizer. All of the sliders at 0 make for a horrible sound. By pushing them up or down, bringing up the bass, lowering the treble, you make a sound that works for you.


There has never been a time in my life where all the bands are even. There was a time when I was in great physical shape, training for 24hr runs and eating right. I met a guy who I thought I could start an adult romantic relationship with. Ultimately my emotional slide wasn't in the right spot for that. And my financial slide wasn't anywhere that would allow me less stress about paying my bills.

No matter what the stress, as I've discussed in earlier posts, my binge reflex can be triggered. Good or bad. This brings me to let you in on what  I'm working on right now. Formatting my travel/cookbook about my around the world journey.

The core of the book is written, which for me was the easy part. Concentrating on the design side of things isn't my forte. I mean I know what I like, but how do I make that appear on the page? It's a learning curve. One that requires me to really make my focus singular. I'm a plate spinner, so one plate makes me nervous.




I love how the book is turning out. I really do. Here is a snippet to catch your interest.



Yet I'm starting to get anxious about who will buy the damn thing. I believe that some family and friends will want one. But will the folks who don't know what a food nut I am, with my awkward, crass, obnoxious, yet truly loving sense of humor, want one? Time will tell. When I headed out three years ago on my trip I did it knowing that I didn't know where I would end up. I still don't know. 

The hope is that the book and the podcast will start to generate enough of an income that I'll be able to support myself and hopefully write more books to continue developing the literary side of myself.

This seemingly innocuous stress has triggered some recent binges. Hello, Ben & Jerry's Non-Dairy pints, you bastards. Oh yeah and you too leftover Halloween Kit Kats. Sometimes I think I need a handler to follow me around, smack my hand and say "You don't need that!"


Talking about it, here in the open like this, on the blog, is new for me. I don't know if it will help. What I do know is that soon I'll have a book published and a new plateau in my life will be reached. The equalizer will continue to fluctuate according to where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm with, and I hope to learn to really listen to that tune.






No comments:

Post a Comment