Privacy Policy

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sum It Up Sunday-Eat With Me

This food obsession of mine isn't everyone's, I know. There is a part of me, probably the teaching gene that was passed down to me from my mom, that want folks to try things they have never tried yet, not everyone is as adventurous as I am. And it hurts me.


"Don't be crazy", you'll say, or "it's not a problem". But it is for me. Feeding people is my thing. It is how I show my love and build community with the people around me.

I had several successes this past week in Las Vegas. There were taco's (none of them vegan, so I found food elsewhere, but I was very excited to get my pals to dig into Tacos El Gordo),



gelato (and yes I did fill my face with this non-vegan treat)


and pho (because past guest Jazzy Byner recommended Pho Kim Long).


There was a Brazillian steakhouse so the meat eaters could get their fill (and I almost pulled a chair up to the salad bar. I did not take any pics as I was too busy eating my fill of Hearts of Palm, which I never can get enough of).

A major fail happened when I found a great Middle Eastern place to try but forgot to check to see if they were open. User error. And the place I found last minute to fill in for it, was not up to par. Major failure, I felt horrible.

An old friend told me once that we will have thousands, if not millions of meals, if one is a fail, that isn't such a tragedy in the grand scheme of things.

I am trying to take that to heart. There is no perfect. Sometimes we get pretty damn close though.


No comments:

Post a Comment