Privacy Policy

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sum It Up Sunday-Things We Know

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."-Abraham Lincoln



When we started this podcast we knew what we stood for and wanted the show to reflect that. I believe it does. We all have to eat, and there is room for all of us at the table.  Food connects us across political, racial and religious lines. I mean, who doesn't like hummus, right?


After my Round the World Journey I wanted to continue the food-filled conversation. I didn't have an "Eat Pray Love" moment when I was traveling. Rather, I found the best conversations and connections in the warm hospitality around a table. This podcast is my opportunity to spread that feeling. We find folks who interest us, no matter their profession, find out what food means to them and share the experience.

My chat with Oxford-bound, social justice advocate, and food-loving lady Nadeen Ibrahim  is a perfect example.


Another belief we hold is that there should be food for all. On that note, we encourage you to follow the Hunger Is campaign.


We also highlight Good Food News stories, like a Houston School District feeding every student three meals a day after the hurricane.

Sustainability isn't just a trendy catchword to us and we are always looking for ways to promote it like they do at The Food Empowerment Project.


Restaurant work fills up a good portion of my resume, and I believe a living wage isn't something we need to debate, but enact. So does Fight for $15.


What I want most of all is to invite everyone to the table. I hope you'll join us and bring some friends.
Now go eat something will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment