Privacy Policy

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sweet Ireland

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this. Life happens and then you find yourself behind.
Let me tell you about Ireland. The folks I met and stayed with were some of the sweetest I've met on my travels. Hospitable and kind. It's culturally in their DNA I believe.
I spent some time in Dublin, wandering about.



 There were hikes and Traditional Music festivals that my pal D took me on and to. I'm so grateful that she was able to give me a true experience.
I had a 13 hour layover in London before I headed to Iceland, so I spent the day wandering there as well.





 After Iceland it was back to Dublin before heading out to Ennis, where Erin (friend of a friend) and her husband Feargal gave me the grand tour.
 Went for a hike along the Burren. Gorgeous landscape and views.
 And we mustn't forget the foggy, misty, windy Cliffs of Mohr.
I did mention windy did I not?
Galway was next, where I wandered for a day or so.
 Made my way to the Nora Barnacle House, which was closed as it was Bloomsday, of course.
I then hooked up with a hostel friend to hit the Aran Islands. One in particular, Inishmore



We rented bikes and spent the day riding around the island. It was a rainy day, but we avoided the rain drops and enjoyed the views.
Next stop Donegal.


A couple of days wandering about here, but no Clarke sightings anywhere. Even in the cemetery.
So off to Malin Head, the northern most spot in Ireland, I went for two days.
I should have spent more time here. It is absolutely amazing.



I am pretty sure I will head back to Ireland one day. I only took in a tiny bit of the place, and I want more.
I'm heading back to Upstate NY now, to spend time with family and work on my book.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment