Privacy Policy

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Finding Comfort

Comfort food satiates us no matter what the situation. Maybe it's been too cold outside for too long, or work is piling up faster than you can deal with it, or maybe you're just having a shitty day and want it. Well I say then dig in!


Potatoes are my go to, blame it on the half Irish ancestry. There have been studies showing that comfort food isn't, that there is no scientific basis showing we derive comfort from certain foods. I fly in the face of Neil deGrasse Tyson on this, but I say Hogwash Science! (Just this one time I assure you. Please don't be angry Mr. NdGT, I adore you and science!) When I dig into a plate of potatoes, I feel calm, centered and yes dammit, comforted.


Today I went with Yukon Gold Potatoes smashed with some Earth Balance and topped with a spicy tasty mound of Field Roast Mexican Chipotle Sausage and Collard Greens.


.....sigh....I feel better already....


No comments:

Post a Comment