Privacy Policy

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Arabesque-A Review!

Decided to celebrate Persian New Year a day late by lunching at Arabesque in Boulder. They have indoor and outdoor seating available and the menu is inside on the wall. You check it over, then sit at your table and let the waitperson know what you want. Sweet family atmosphere, the servers were all friendly, and happy. It was empty when I arrived, then filled up as I dined. I started with the lentil soup. If you're not a fan of spice and heat ask them to ease up on the pepper. (I'm looking at at you krosenberg!) Smooth, almost creamy texture, and yet it was vegan.
For my main I went with the Mediterranean Vegetable Platter. It's a little expensive for lunch, but the flavors were amazing. Let's break it down.
Warm dolmas! First to go into my gob. Quick two bites and all good! Salad lightly dressed with balsamic dressing, not an afterthought but an accompaniment. Tabbouleh is well done, parsley and lemon filled. Baba ghanouj is a very happy marriage of lemon, tahini, garlic and eggplant. Poufs of pita were warm and yeasty, with the perfect amount of chew. (I ordered another so I could mop all the greatness into my mouth,) Hummus is lovingly dressed with sexy pools of olive oil and garbanzos. It's one of the best I've had, and believe me, I've had a lot of hummus. I finished with a fruit filled ice tea. Blueberries, strawberries, blood oranges and lemons top a light, unsweetened cinnamon flavored iced tea.
I'm going to go with a solid Hell Yeah! for Arabesque. Lovely place to dine.


No comments:

Post a Comment