Privacy Policy

Monday, February 16, 2015

Meatless Monday-The Omelet Returns!

Eggs are one of my all time favorite foods. They are versatile, tasty, and packed with protein...and cholesterol filled time bombs. I thought.

There have been some studies lately that they aren't as bad for you as we once thought. And that makes me happy. I may try to ease them back into my life, after clearing it with my doctor of course, because if I can eat a fried egg sandwich, I will shove you out of the way to get to it.

But until the doc gives me the ok, I wanted something to fill the eggy craving. The Post Punk Kitchen has a great Tofu Omelet recipe here that I used. I also sautéed some shallots, kale and tomatoes to stuff it with.


The texture was good, flavor very close. (It worked so well I had two. No regrets!) I'm a fan. But a couple of notes. 
You absolutely need a non stick pan. I would say for anything like this, egg filled or eggless, it's the only way to flip it and get it out of the pan without disastrous results.
I actually tried filming the flip for you, but as coordinated as I am with flipping omelets, I'm not so coordinated that I can film it while doing it. Ah well, that can be another post, if you'd like to see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment