Privacy Policy

Friday, January 30, 2015

Another Toast Post!

Toast has become the latest hipster trend. Which is funny, because I've been eating it since I was little, as have we all. And I'm pretty sure that once the ancients learned how to bake bread, they learned how to make toast.
That is not to say we can't expand our toast repertoire. Because I have. This ain't yo mamma's toast!



I know what you're thinking, because I thought it too. As did Mrs. Jones and Skees when they stopped by to try it with me. But it is all good! All of it...good!

Let's start with the one that is most familiar shall we?
Hummus, Cucumber, Walnut and Cranberry
I used a whole grain bread for all, a personal preference, go with what you like for the toast body. Then I just topped with the hummus, sliced cucumber, walnuts and dried cranberries. Nutty, cool, sweet, familiar.


Next  went way outta bounds! But stay with me, I'll explain.
PBBPS!
I was at an Indian restaurant once, that had a peas and bananas dish on the buffet. As I am an adventurous sort, I tried it and it was amazing! Like mind blowing. And then the other day I saw a toast recipe for peanut butter and sriracha hot sauce on top. So...I like peanut butter and banana on toast, I love the idea of the sriracha and peanut butter and I remembered how mind blowing the bananas and peas were...I promise you, it's just crazy enough to work!


This last toast is based on a salad I've been playing with. And it's another variation on the uber up to the minute Avocado Toast trend.
Roasted Beets, Pepitos, Kimchi and Avocado.
So yeah, just chop up the kimchi, mix with the avocado, spread on the toast, top with the beets and pepitos. There is texture, mouth feel from the avocados, a bit of crunch from the pepitos, spice from the kimchi and the beets lend an earthy sweetness.


Toast is one of the easiest things to make, so why not up your game a bit and try some new topping combinations?


No comments:

Post a Comment